Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

The end of a decade. My 30's are done. Weird. 

The last 10 years went by so quickly. It was the decade of having babies, breastfeeding, running after toddlers, preschool, waving goodbye to my kindergarteners and the whole being a mom of little kids. All I wanted was a break during this time. I actually enjoyed being sick with a stomach bug once because it meant I could lie in bed guilt free and that I did not have to be responsible for anything or anybody. 

Now I have a 7 year old and an almost 9 year old. They have a whole life outside of me. I don't know what they are doing at all times like when they were younger...I only know what they tell me and what I scavenge from other moms who have kids in their class. Usually girls. It's been my experience that the little girls tell their moms more about everything going on in the classroom than the boys do. Thankfully, I have lots of mom-friends that have girls.

Forty seemed so old when I was a kid. Now I am 40. I don't feel old. Sometimes I don't feel old enough to have kids. 

No comments: