Friday, December 5, 2008

I spent a crapload of money at Whole Foods today...

It is so nice and quiet in the house right now. I am loving it. Everyone else is asleep.

How is it possible that I can't get myself going with writing a blog entry yet I could write a freaking novel in the comments?

I mean, I was just about to just state exactly what I did today and none of it was really overly interesting so who cares.  Well, actually, I did go to two of my favorite stores on the planet...the big Whole Foods in Cambridge and Susanna's, a funky clothing store in Porter Square (also in Cambridge.) Tom took the day off from work...he has a bunch of time he has to take off before the end of the year or he loses them. We dropped the boys off at school and went to civilization. I live an hour west of Boston. I am a former city girl who lives in a somewhat rural town. Rural for city people anyway. When mini herds of deer hang out across the street from your home and big ass beavers walk down your street during a big rainstorm, it's pretty fucking rural for me. So it is news for me when I get to go to Whole Foods. I will never get over the fact that I don't live within 10 minutes of one. I have always, and I mean always lived within a 5 minute drive or 10 minute walk of one. When I grew up in Wellesley, MA, there was a Bread & Circus just a walk away from my house...Bread & Circus turned into a Whole Foods at some point, but I actually still call them all Bread & Circus in real life.

Oh, hey, here's some good news about not being at one's ideal weight...you don't spend quite as much on clothes when you go into one of your absolute favorite stores. I have enough clothes in my closet that have gone unworn since I let myself go...my closet is like a store. 

I am really tired and have to go to Jack's basketball game at 8:30 am so I am going sign off now. 

I do want to say I do feel closer to getting myself on a more healthy track. I tried to jazz up that sentence with the addition of the word "healthy"...I am so sick of seeing myself write "back on track." Back on track...what the hell does that even mean anymore...just take it moment by moment. I do believe in that whole habit thing. Got to make it a habit. 

Alright, in the spirit of Mrs Furious, check-check.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I think you're being too hard on yourself. Getting back on track is getting back on track, regardless of what you call it. And you and I have both tried before, but that doesn't matter. Each day is different. You can do it! We both can!

Mrs Furious said...

So today Kid said "remember when you stopped saying Check Check and switched to Giddy Up... and I was like go back to Check Check."

Um...no... I don't remember that... but I'm really glad I have to already endure her constant critique ;)


maybe you need a rock bottom moment or a Jan 1st moment. Sometimes we need moments....

Julie said...

Mrs F, that is really funny about Kid.

Heather and Mrs F, I am hard on myself, but obviously not enough to stop me from eating the slice of cheesecake that Tom just brought home.